Preparation Time: 20 minutes plus freezing time
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Ingredients for the Sorbet
- 2 teaspoons finely
- grated lemon zest
- 450ml water
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 1/2 level teaspoons gelatin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 kiwifruit
- 2 egg whites
- 4 small melons or a large melon choose ogen, honeydew or Gallia melons
- 2 or 3 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 2 or 3 tangerines, cut into segments halved grapes.
- Put the lemon zest with the water and sugar into a saucepan and allow to simmer for 5 minutes, sprinkle the gelatin on to the hot liquid and allow to dissolve.
- Cool the liquid, then add the lemon juice and strain.
- Cut the peel from the kiwifruit, either rub the pulp through a nylon sieve or liquidise this and mix with the lemon liquid.
- Pour into a container and freeze until the mixture is slightly mushy.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff, then fold into the lightly frozen mixture.
- Return to the freezer and freeze until firm; always bring out about .15 minutes before serving.
- Halve the melons or large melon, scoop out and discard all the seeds; keep the small melon halves or just half the large melon.
- Cut the melon flesh into balls with a vegetable scoop or into neat dice.
- Put a scoop of sorbet into each individual melon half then arrange the melon balls, slices of peeled kiwifruit and tangerine segments and halved grapes on top of the sorbet.
To Make a Change
Use mango pulp instead of kiwifruit.